Thursday, November 03, 2005

Its Been So Long

Sorry, to the four people that look on my incredible blog site. We here in South Florida have been bored and busy (let me explain). After Erin's grandmother's funeral we came back to our lovely tropical home, we were the last flight that was alowed in to Ft. Lauderdale International before Hurricane Wilma came upon us (it was a beautiful night). I stayed up late watching the news wondering when it was going to hit us and how bad was it going to be. I thought to myself that it wouldn't be that bad because Katrina hit us directly from the East and only knocked over a few trees and we didn't lose power. Wilma was coming from the west which means that it has to cross over the penisula to get to us (Hurricanes usually weaken over land). So I went to sleep confident on the outcome. The next morning I woke up to the sound of full grown trees snapping in half. I had already slept through half of the storm, but the second half (the bad half) was upon us. 100mph sustainded winds, with 120mph gusts! It was exhilerating! I got out of bed and looked out the window to see the entryway for our Apt complex completly blocked by trees. I watched several 60-70 foot trees literally snap in half and buckle from the wind. I walked outside (stupid me) and I could hardly stand up. Now you have to understand that I weigh about 220lbs. The first thing I thought of when I stepped out the door and I said it outloud "God you are awesome!" Awesome in the true sense of the word. After the bad part of the storm passed, Travis and Sheena Patten came over and we walked around and saw everything that the hurricane caused. I've never seen anything like it.

Too be continued. . .

3 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger jo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger jo said...

Wow! so glad to hear that the trees didn't crash into your house!kinda scary to see the destruction.
Here on Saipan i've gone through a couple typhoons (i think i typhoon and hurricane are the same--one's in the atlantic, one in the pacific--that's what i'm told) and the force is awesome!
hey, say hi to the Pattens for me!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger JustinVK said...

Reuben you would've waisted away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home