Saturday, December 03, 2005

Just got an email

from my brother-in-law who is in iraq. if there are people that don't know me real well or don't know exactly whats going on my and my family's life, my sister's husband (Rodell Nydam) has spent the past year in iraq, providing convoy security and dismantling road side bombs. He is based in Ramadi. Anyway he just sent us an email, that he will definately be home for Christmas. This is great news to our family, but we are still holding our breath because I just saw on the news yesterday that 10 marines were killed in Ramadi, and Rodell's unit is attached to the marine unit there. Rodell's job, just like everyone else's job, is and was a very dangerous one where they have encountered explosives quite a bit. Anyway we are holding our breathe until he finally gets home. So I am asking everybody for prayer that Rodell gets home safely. If everything goes as planned he'll be home before Christmas.

thanks

2 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Liz said...

My cousin's husband just got home from a year in Iraq working as a medic attached to a convoy unit. I can relate to that tension that comes right before someone comes home. My prayers are with you all.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Gabriel Florit said...

Justin, tell us more about your every day life, fill the blanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home