Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Prospector

It is little steakhouse/bar with a very little stage tucked away into a corner that lives in Long Beach. I went to a show there and saw some of my childhood heros. There was a band that existed that only some might now, they were called Plankeye (they were of the Christian genre, but still cool) long ago they broke up (2001). Well the lead singer, the drummer, and the lead guitarist, started another band, "Fielding," with the lead singer's wife who plays keys and the fiddle. She is Irish and likes to stare at people. The guy I went with is good friends with all of these guys, so it was a pretty weird and funny encouter. My friend told them that I was a plankeye fan in the early days and they all busted out laughing (ok so they were a cheezy band) but it was a cool experience anyway. I got to talk with the the lead guitarist for awhile(good deep theological discussion mentioning CS Lewis a lot...blah blah blah) but it was good and their new band was good too. They moved away from the whole Christian Music thing and got real.

Im starting to get some of the ole creative juices flowing again, and I think there is some new music on the horizon...I don't know, we'll see. (It would be fun to play at the prospector)...

3 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

sweet-- plankeye. I have two of thier albums. They were great. and I saw them in concert once in California, and they rocked!

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Dane said...

i saw them in concert as well. Although they weren't the greatest I did enjoy one of there songs that had mug clanking going on in the background (sorry, can't remember the name right now). It sounded like it was trying to be a drinking song!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger r.c.f. said...

today i saw a big, probably late 70's dodge truck with a badge towards the back that said "the prospector." it was manly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home