Monday, October 09, 2006

Iraq?

Well, I was telling you a little about Mike in my last post. This past Friday he called me up and told me that he was contacted to put together a band that would be doing a 10 day tour in Iraq playing for the troops. He asked me If I was interested in playing acoustic guitar and singing...I said yes. So from November 29-December 9 I will be in the desert. Mike told me that the two other musicians that he got are professionals and had to totally re-arrange studio time and things like that. I can only give God the glory for this wonderful oppurtunity. I am a very underqualified decision for the position in the band, but I am thankful that I can praise God through it, and that other great musicians can join me in praising God. I am also thankful that we get to go and worship with the soldiers In Iraq. I just hope that we can be of some service there.

3 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, Blogger Dane said...

Sounds great, maybee you should take a side trip to the netherlands while there!?!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger JustinVK said...

Reuben: They are paying me 2 to 3000 dollars to go, its an all expense paid trip

Dane: We will be flying into Germany somewhere before we fly to Kuwait, and the same on the way back

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

dude. that sounds SWEET! Did you tell him that you were the NC/DC Champion?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home